Nowadays the key success factor of implementing a business strategy is people, and the key to ensure a right talent strategy in place is having a great leader. However neither traditional leadership assessment nor prior-experience/track record based interview does serve the purpose for senior management team to select great leaders. Our offering of external benchmarking provides our clients with totally new experience of talent selection and development, by complementing the current assessment and interview methodologies on the market.
The service includes two major parts:
• Benchmark the current candidate with his/her peers on the market, especially from competition
• Have industry veteran (retired/semi-retired senior executives from same industry) to coach the current candidate/incumbent, by giving industry insights, problem solving skills, handholding and advisory when facing complex business issues, instead of delivering generic leadership training contents.
This applies to different business circumstance, from pre-deal due diligence to post-deal integration; from executive hiring to development and succession planning, tec. It is more practical and result driven, besides, more deeply involved into our clients’ business.
Leadership Solutions' Objective:
• To ensure that the leadership skills and mindsets of senior executives are appropriately aligned with internal and external business needs, using a combination of psychometric and 360° assessments, benchmarking, and executive coaching.
Customisation of Benchmarks
• Build a new client model that can be tailored to reflect the clients own language.
• Use an existing client model and make adjustments using parameters from the A&A benchmark dictionary.
• Complement a client's model, using the client’s language and A&A’s benchmark dictionary.
Integration of Assessment and Benchmarking Results
• Can be used for determining Promotion Potential and Succession Planning.
• Presentation of Results – Sample Table.
• Based on needs and skill/experience gaps identified through psychometric/360° assessments and benchmarking, as well as desired corporate and leadership culture.
• Coaches are identified based on each leader's individual style, background/experience and coaching needs – all coaches are vetted by Akins & Associates to confirm that style, experience and coaching skills adhere to our standards.
• Coaching is done in 6-session blocks (usually one 2-hour session monthly but can vary depending on need) and are renewable as necessary.
• The coaching agenda is business oriented and focuses on organizational needs versus individual issues.
Outputs for Our Client Organizations
• For the organization: Clear corporate and leadership cultures, Clear goals for change.
• For the leaders: Clear and consistent expectations for leadership performance, Appropriate leadership development programme that addresses needs relatable and relevant to the desired corporate and leadership cultures.
• For top management: Assessment and benchmarking results that clearly identify career and succession potential for the leaders, as well as skill/experience gaps, again using corporate and leadership cultures as frames of reference – A road map to make change happen.